Posts

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rut#4-New Food-Laura Coalwell

I tried several different foods over the past few days:
-sweet potato fries at Guru's (I tried a bite of one a while ago and wasn't that impressed, but this time they were surprisingly really good, especially with the dipping sauce).

-the Maui Wowie chicken wrap I got with my fries

but I was most excited about...
-Southwestern Mac n Cheese from Schnipper's in New York City!

Mainly because it was in New York City, but also because it was really good! It had roasted poblanos (little green peppers) in it and I had to ask the server what those were.

It was a little spicy, but also kind of sweet and really cheesy.
Mac n Cheese is definitely a favorite of mine, so it's fun to try other varieties.

I love trying new food, especially in new places.

I'm planning on trying lots of other new foods this week while I'm here!

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of sweet potato fries, but I had them at Guru's and they are so dang good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm mac and cheese...a childhood favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went to Guru's for the first time a few weeks ago. It was pretty legit. I'm shocked you didn't like the sweet potato fries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love New York City!!! Definitely make it down to Little Italy and get pizza and a cannoli :D

    ReplyDelete