Posts

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rut 3 - Hawk Vance

Thoughts and feelings on Ping Pong:


A. Did anyone else have a hard time getting past the fact that Smile looked an awful lot like the Asian version of Harry Potter? Seriously, I half expected him to pull out a wand to fight off dragon, or demon pretty much the whole movie. Slightly distracting.

B. I will now only take a test in the testing center after spending at least 15-20 minutes standing in the bathroom stall... alone... with a diet sprite.

C. Asian humor is liken unto an onion... many many layers. Sometimes makes you want to cry, sometimes you don't want anything to do with it, and sometimes it's absolutely delicious.

D. The movie definitely did bode well with my ADD. I had NO IDEA what was going to happen next, really refreshing from American movies where you know the plot just by looking at the movie poster.

E. Finally, I want his grandma to be my grandma.

I would give this movie two ping pong paddles WAY up.

4 comments:

  1. honestly, I didn't get that she was his grandma til now. I just thought she was a cool old lady who hung out with them. thanks for the clear up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! You hit all those points dead on! Now that you mention it, Smile did kind of look like an asian Harry Potter. haha. Hawken you make me happy.-EliseM

    ReplyDelete