Posts

Monday, September 27, 2010

Rut 4 - Japanese Fried Veggies (Scott)

I went to the Japanese restaurant Yamato in Orem. While a little shabby on the outside, the inside of the restaurant was great. Plus the cool part was the the booths were built so that you can sit cross-legged and pretend like you are actually in Japan eating Japanese food. Alas, the space under the table was not big enough for me to sit in such way so I had to just sit the regular way.
I ordered Tempura, which I had never heard of or eaten. It consisted of a variety of fried vegetables. It was pretty good, especially with the special sauce stuff that came with it. Surprisingly it was pretty dang close to regular southern fried vegetables. I thought it would be really good with BBQ sauce instead. Maybe some fried catfish, hush-puppies and slaw, but that's for another time...

Anyhow. Even as I was looking at the menu I was so tempted to fall back into my old routine and get orange chicken or perhaps some BBQ. Maybe just some sushi. But no, I turned my back on those old Panda Express-esque ways and got something new.

2 comments:

  1. congratulations! I've realized that almost anything tastes better when it's fried :)

    ReplyDelete