Posts

Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Food is an important part of a balanced diet." -Fran Lebowitz (McKenna)

I experienced deep-fried tofu.


What did I learn from this experience?  Fried tofu has a taste and consistency reminiscent of a sponge.  The dipping sauce was delicious.  Together, they weren't half bad.

What does the answer to the previous question say about me?  I'm willing to give new foods a chance.

Have I changed in any way?  I have less money in my wallet as a result of buying this.  (But that's okay! Life was meant to be lived, food was meant to be eaten, and money was meant to be spent :P)

8 comments:

  1. I have tried that once... I kinda have issues with textures; but it was like one of those weird things that once you try once, and you can't help but keep eating it to remember just how weird the texture actually was. Vicious cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sick. hahaha. im glad you are so optimistic mckenna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had tofu also.

    Only boiled.

    Its not so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would eat tofu if it was wrapped in bacon, with extra bacon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! you are daring! one of these days we really will have to try some middle eastern exotic foods in SLC though! girly. -EliseM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Middlie eastern in Salt Lake is called Mazza!!! Ont 9th East and 9th South. If you're up there try it out... You'll keep driving up there to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't like tofu but that looks good! where did you go?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to Thai Ruby (on 820 North). They have a website, if you want to look at their menu: http://www.thairubyfood.com/

    Also, I'll have to check Mazza out! Sounds delicious :D

    ReplyDelete