Posts

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Finding #3: Emily Jacobsen: Upcycled Magazine Bags

I was so excited to find these online the other day and you'd better believe I'm going to buy one! These are purses/bags/totes/wallets/clutches made out of magazine ad pages. The pages are laminated and sewn together to be "upcycled" as bags that sell from $60-$150!! I'm just assuming, but I bet their cost of goods sold is probably near $10 (labor included), what a booming business idea! I think these are creative because it is almost ironic, we are a media obsessed people and when we wear brands we are wearing advertising.. so why not just wear the ads themselves?

5 comments:

  1. these remind me of the capri sun bags! i've also seen jewelry and other things made from little coils of rolled up newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really fun way to take the capri sun bag idea further. I really enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a girl and I don't like purses but those are pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brilliant business idea! Is it legal to show another brand's logo on the bag like the Giorgio Armani? I could see how people would assume this is an actual Armani bag.

    ReplyDelete