Posts

Monday, September 27, 2010

Rut 4 - Elise Meservy- An El Salvadorian Experience

After at some point in my life being tricked or dared into eating octopus sushi, squid jerky, part of a fertile duck egg, and a habanero pepper, I realized i preferred the latter to all previous. So, for this new food adventure I decided to try some more Latino food (because i LOVE it).

So, I went here:




El Salvador Restaurant, located on center street.

Where I coincidentally ran into some old friends whom I never would have seen.
They helped me pick out:



(bean and cheese pupusas)

which I accompanied with this:



As strange as this sounds, I have never had a Jarritos before. I am not the biggest soda drinker (and actually I felt a little sick after drinking this even though it was tasty).

The Pupusas were delicious but I think I prefer just a plain Bean and Cheese Burrito from Robertos (a Las Vegas/Cali Mexican chain). I'm a tortilla fan all the way. I even make sure to go to the Tortilla Factory in California Adventures when I go, so I can get a free tortilla.

I'm glad I had this experience though because it was fun exploring and learning a little bit more about Central and South American food, people, and cultures.

5 comments: