Posts

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tyler Nelson: Rut 3 Ping Pong

This was my first time to go to an international film on campus. I didn't know what to expect. I was surprised by the amount of people that were there to watch the film. I thought that having to read the subtitles would be very distracting to me but it didn't bother me at all. I kind of enjoyed it and felt like I was part of the movie. I actually had to really pay attention and interact with it in a way. The movie was good and I enjoyed the character development. I loved the opening scene when he jumps off the bridge and the camera zooms all around him. I thought that was a cool camera effect.
I think the use of the masks/hero faces were different that what we typically see in American movies. It seemed to be a sort of cultural thing because I didn't understand the meaning of the masks. It was a funny movie but people in the audience as well as myself were never really laughing out loud. I don't think it was trying to be like American comedies that try and get huge laughing responses from audiences. It was interesting to see the different styles of clothing, acting, filming and other aspects. It gave me a fresh view of movies and broke away from the traditional American film. It was good!

4 comments:

  1. WHen I went the whole theater was busting out laughing the entire time. Honestly I haven't heard that much laughter in a theater since I saw Zoolander for the first time in theaters. For me it was laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea it really was surprising to see all the people there. It was packed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that the sub titles were going to be suuuper annoying...but i agree..they weren't a bother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What night did you go? People were laughing obnoxiously when I went.

    ReplyDelete