Posts

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Commercials capture your attention." -Calvin Klein (McKenna)

Here are some random commercials I thought you all might enjoy:

Mustache Commercial:

I love this commercial.  It makes me laugh every time.  I think we can also take something away from it- stay true to who you are.

Minivan Commercial:
This is the current viral commercial hit for the Toyota Sienna.  I'm definitely noticing an upward trend in YouTube commercials.  I think more and more campaigns are trying to follow Jason Bagley's advice and make ads with "pass-it-on" quality.

Minivan Commercial 2:

Once I saw the previous minivan commercial, I had to share this commercial.  Basically it makes me laugh and feel really cool for my former minivan driving days :P

Conclusions?  Advertising is definitely adapting to the current media trends.  And I like funny ads.

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that mustache one too McKenna. I first saw it when a kid in my class (who had an AMAZING mustache) decided to make a blog about why every man should grow out a mustache. It was a good blog. Hilarious video. ps these other ads make me feel better about knowing that one day I will be driving a minivan. -EliseM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have desires to grow a mustache. Question, what is the plural for of mustache?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love the characters in the swagger wagon. they picked the perfect modern mom and dad. The commercials they play on tv always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its mustachios. I dunno, I'm not crazy about the swagger wagon commercials--some people love them but they just kinda bug me. "JUST LET ME WATCH MORE HULU AND STOP SHOWING ME SWAGGER WAGONS!!!" But the mustache commercial is like the greatest thing in the world. Has anyone seen the one with the clowns by the same people? Its so funny...maybe I'll go watch it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like watching the vans smash through fences and stuff. It is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the swagger wagon and the mustache. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree, ads like this are so funny people want to share them with their friends. that's totally the best kind of advertising in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete