Posts

Monday, September 27, 2010

Rut #4- Kylie Cox

I ate Korean food at Orem's Korean Festival. Pretty much a various assortment of all kinds of Korean food. I learned that i still do not like meat with sauce, but i did not hate the noodles, or the rice, or anything spicy. I also learned that eating Korean food isn't really just eating, which irritated me at first, but then i really appreciated it. I'm so used to eating meals as fast as I can and getting on with whatever I was doing, but the Korean culture is the opposite. The food is a means of social networking. They provide food, they make you mingle, you eat, you stand in line together, you sit at a communal table, and you are there for like three hours. I actually really enjoyed it. For your viewing pleasure, i have attached BYU's taekwondo team's act. it was fab.

4 comments:

  1. It was sorta the same for me at the Chinese restaurant. Everything is slow. But I like it. If I could spend nine hours a day eating. I would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that was a fun idea! I had some Korean food this weekend too that my cousin made for me. It wasn't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so cool! I didn't know Orem even had a Korean Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is the most intense looking bowl of food I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete