Posts

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ping Pong - Andy Morrison

I didn't realize that ping pong was such an actual sport. I mean I knew they had it at the olympics and all but I always thought ping pong was on the same level as foozeball (sp?) or pinball. Boy was I wrong!

Asians are silly aren't they? I love Asian humor for what it is--kind of super weird. I worked with Asians on my mission over time just learned to accept the Asian sense of humor. Being funny in Vietnamese is very different from being funny in English. I thought this movie was pretty dang funny in typical Asian style. It reminded me of this Hong Kong movie called Shaolin Soccer. Its kind of the same movie but with soccer instead of ping pong and with super powers. As I kid I was a huge kung fu movie fan, so this movie kind of brought me back to the good old days of reading subtitles and watching Asians do stupid things.

All in all a good movie.

1 comment:

  1. yeah I didn't realize it was a legit sport either. Thanks to that movie, I now respect the too short shorts and those who wear them.

    ReplyDelete