Posts

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rut 3- Summer Holm

Waiting for the movie, I had NO idea what to expect. I thought I was in for a two hour documentary of people playing ping pong…little did I know that this little treat of a movie was going to rock my world.

The movie Ping Pong surprised me because it had so many little funny moments, I had no idea that they shared the same type of humor as many American movies I have seen. My favorite character, by far, was the crazy coach who would talk to himself and pretend that Smile actually came to practice. I loved how high he wore his pants too, it was super fly. I also loved how the movie was set up, how it showed the ending before the rest of the movie, and I loved that each character was so dynamic without being too far fetched. The bald man team was so scary, and the shaved eye brows didn’t help. They reminded me a lot of the bad team on The Big Green.

From this experience I learned that films outside my little English realm can be a good thing, I definitely left the movie with a greater appreciation for foreign films.

2 comments:

  1. thank goodness it wasn't a documentary... then again, that could have possibly been cool. -EliseM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I didn't think that it was going to be a documentary, but I wasn't too excited to see it beforehand. Thank goodness for surprises.

    ReplyDelete