Posts

Thursday, September 16, 2010

#3 Ping Pong--Marie Lewis

So yesterday I went and saw Ping Pong. I must say that I was surprised. Usually I'm a little wary of Asian films. But I really enjoyed the film. It had a wonderful message friendship and working hard to get what you want. The characters were really well portrayed. Peco (Hoshino) was my favorite. He was so random. He really made the movie for me. But then you had Tsukimoto, and he is the Japanese version of Harry Potter. I really enjoyed his hyper-bluntness when compared with Hoshino's spastic nature. But then you had grandma and the coach and they were hilarious.

I don't watch a ton of foreign films because so often you run into pretty scandalous or just plain weird stuff. I think I may revisit the world of foreign films. There's some pretty good stuff out there (like La Misma Luna and Life is Beautiful). All in all, a great movie choice, though it had more language than I would have liked.

1 comment:

  1. I loved La Misma Luna!

    Japanese version of Harry Potter, huh? lol that's great.

    ReplyDelete