Posts

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rut 4 Cameron Pinegar

 I went to Happy Sumo to  try some new kinds of sushi. I usually get a sushi roll; the most Americanized one I can find.... but this time I went for the freshest of the fresh and the rawest of the raw. I'm not big on seafood, but I'm starting to like it more and more. Sushi has been the hardest seafood to accept because it's not cooked. I ordered hamatchi, escolar, salmon, and tuna. They all tasted great when soaked in soy sauce and wasabi, however the texture is still going to take some getting-used-to. Overall it was a good experience; I'm proud that I finally manned up and tried the real stuff.

Raw hide.

Here goes nothing.





5 comments:

  1. Way to be a man! Last time I got sushi i ordered squid because i love cooked squid, so why not sushi squid? oh. my. gosh. soooo different. and i now know that squid sushi has a weird slippery crunchy texture, and that i prefer it cooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. impressive. I have to admit I usually prefer the rolls. Las Vegas is the best!

    ReplyDelete