Posts

Monday, September 27, 2010

Rut 4 - Hawk




I tried trout for the first time.

No, not the trout shown above; for two reasons...

A. That fish is a mutant.
B. The girl nor the fish are anyone I know personally. (thank you Google 'trout' search)

I hate seafood and fish. There, I said it. Its true - I would rather eat baby ducks than have to eat shellfish or anything else that carries it's home around on its back. They can't be trusted.

My sister is in town and she went fishing and caught a bunch of trout and brought them back and cooked them; realizing that this assignment was due this week I accepted the challenge of eating one.

Surprisingly enough it didn't taste fishy at all; but seeing as I never eat fish, apparently I don't know the tricks and secrets of eating them (like how to get all the bones out of the meat in one step) instead I looked more like a bear trying to claw the fish apart and ended up with fish bones in pretty much every bite. So that part, not as fun.

I learned that not all fish is disgusting; some actually taste like a slightly soggier version of chicken. I also learned that bones are overrated; I mean really, how many ribs does one fish need?!

8 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever had trout before either, but I have eaten fish all of my life. Strange that I'm still semi-nervous to try trout (I do know how different types of fish can taste).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not had trout either. maybe we can center our brandstorm ideas around trout?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Anything that carries its home around on its back is not to be trusted. Like hermit crabs . . . and hobos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. Bones really are overrated! haha. I am VERY glad that you didn't eat the fish in the picture! If you are daring enough, you should try tilapia or halibut next! -EliseM

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah I'm not a big fish person either, so that's great that you tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. trout is one of the worst fish to eat... but the best to catch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it would of been funny if you ate the mutant trout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love fish! especially fish that you catch yourself. i hope you are converted now.

    ReplyDelete