Posts

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Finding #2: Pound(s of) Cake

You know America is on a roll when we not only are obsessed with eating food, but we also watch reality TV shows starring food. Man vs. Food, Iron Chef, Ace of Cakes, Ultimate Cake Off, you name it!

My personal favorite is Cake boss where the show follows the staff of Carlo's bakery in New Jersey as they make 1 or 2 (usually large) cakes every episode. I am always amazed at the creativity that goes into the brainstorming and execution of these cakes. Here are a couple from Cake Boss and elsewhere online:

You can see the initial sketches and then how the cakes turned out at: http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/cake-boss/cake-photos.html





*I also just found this site of tons of pro & homemade xbox 360 cakes... haha check it: http://xboxfreedom.com/xbox-360-cakes/

7 comments:

  1. they're so pretty i wouldn't want to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have watched those shows and always wondered if they taste as good as they look! I love cake boss too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with that show. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cake Boss is MY favorite, too!! And I've actually had one of their cakes-- DELICIOUS :D (Funny story, though-- they accidentally switched up orders and gave us some poor girl's birthday cake :P)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really cool. But how could you eat it? Its a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is intense! I wonder who got to eat it afterward? or if it tasted good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like so many of you, I also LOVE those shows. They really are so much fun and so artistic. I want to be able to do make food an art like that. it's legit. -EliseM

    ReplyDelete