Posts

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rut #4-Rob Witt

I have had Indian food before and have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with it. However, while in class I remember a few of you mentioning how Chicken Tikka Masala was one of y’alls favorites. I couldn’t recall ever ordering that specific dish and so after a fantastic day of hiking Mount Timpanogas on Saturday, I was craving something delicious and decided I would try that out for my new food.

A friend and I went to Kohinoor up on State and Orem Center Street (an old roommate had recommended it). And after eating there I would recommend it as well. We ordered some Samosas for appetizers, which was something I had never ate before. They were filled with all sorts of veggies. Dipping them in chutney gave them a nice kick. There was a minty chutney that I didn’t get that into, I favored the one with a bit more spice, or just the plan Samosa.

My main dish, the Chicken Tikka Masala, was superb! Such rich flavors, and a solid balance of Masala spices brought the dish to life. This dish not only hit the spot after hiking Timp, but also as left overs for dinner today.

5 comments:

  1. That's sweet man. I like how you got appetizers too, and one that you hadn't tried before either. That's commendable right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken Tikka Masala is probably the best dish on the planet. Tonight at ward prayer they asked us which dish we would eat every day for the rest of our lives if we could and I chose that. (With naan bread of course)I'm glad you liked it. I'm always sad when I recommend something and they hate it. I've never been to the place you went to though. Guess I'll have to have Indian again soon, dang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indian food it's soooo good! Because of your post now i'm craving it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kind of jealous...I might have to go try Chicken Tikka Masala sometime this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same thing Rob, it was a rush of different spices that I've never experienced before.

    ReplyDelete