Posts

Sunday, September 11, 2011

The middle of the world Poster

Ok guys, you have to give me some leeway
I am just learning Photoshop and although it does not look very professional
it took me like 8 tutorials so I am hoping the message is more what people judge this by.
So this movie was very interesting, I could not believe it when it ended...It was so SAD!
I am a very happy ending kind of girl, I don't watch movies with sad endings, I turn to the last pages of the book to make sure it turns out the way I want it and yes, I loved the way HP 7 ended-everyone happy!

So this was a kind of depressing movie in m view, I know it was supposed to be a boy's journey to manhood and everything but I was devestated when they just left him and the mother said they would never find each other again.  Tears. literal tears.  
I thought the father was stubborn and lazy and mean and he needed to not be so prideful and just take a job, any job, and suck it up and not drag your family through hell for what you think you deserve.  
Anyways a part that really stuck out to me, and what I used for my poster was when they were talking about giving to the needy and would they give up feeding their own children to lend to a beggar.

The Dad-"Giving to the poor is like lending to God
Antonio-"And when does He pay back?"

It seemed like this family was given one trial after another, the children, especially Antonio
was seeming to lose faith in his father and in his God.
He wondered why everything was happening to them, when was God going to help them, when was he going to pay them back for this horrible life they are living.
And of course I used the statue of Christ in Rio De Janeiro because that is where the movie ended.

Again, kind of depressing but that is what I got as the theme and message of the movie.


5 comments:

  1. i agree with you..i do feel like it was a depressing movie. I like that you used the picture of christ because i feel like the father had faith that he would support his family and that a miracle would come but his pride blinded him from accepting any of the jobs that God put in his way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I got the same feeling. Of course I'm not looking at having a patron saint or anything, but you could see that this man's faith was to the point where he wouldn't help himself. Nice way to emphasize the journey to Rio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did like the spiritual themes in this movie. I was kind of depressed by the ending too but the more I thought about it, the clearer the message was. The father was praying for and had faith in what he wanted and not what God wanted. In this case and in many cases "some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers." Good work on the poster. I like the focus of it and I'm very impressed that you just barely learned Photoshop and got it to turn out so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you and the others have brought up about a very important theme in this movie-faith. The father had a lot of faith that his patron saint would help him, os much so that he was never really satisfied with what he found... so, in a way, his faith got in his own way and he could not see the blessings that were already in front of him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to let you know that I think the photoshop you did is impressive and you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete