Posts

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Humble Pie-Get out of your rut 1

I know this is a little late but i just got the blog link and thought i'd share:


I  feel like one of the rites of passage of marriage is baking a pie, so this weekend after 11 months of marriage I set out to be a super domestic wifey and bake my husband a fresh peach pie.
A precursor to all this-I do not cook slash bake…well….we eat a lot of Café Rio!

Ok so my mom says it does not truly count because I did not make my own pie crust but I know Marie Calendar can do it better than I do, so baby steps right?  

Well Saturday morning I visited Allred’s Orchard on University Avenue and bought a bushel (bushel??) of fresh peaches and was on my way to my first pie! 
It went pretty well overall, well ok my mom was on Skype in my kitchen while I was in tears because I burnt myself in boiling water, trying to peel peaches, also I burnt a pie crust and over stirred the glaze, but man did I make good whip cream!  I threw it all out and started over…

Good news is on my second try pie--the whole pie turned out delicious and my husband and I ate it all weekend long!  I feel like quite the southern belle now and much more of a Real Housewife of Provo!  I feel pretty accomplished and slightly heavier after this assignment but I believe my next pie will only take one try!



No comments:

Post a Comment