Posts

Monday, September 12, 2011

The middle of the World

Coming from a country where you see poverty everywhere, O caminho das nuvens really portraits the battle of tons of families through South America to get out of poverty. Even though this story is about  one family quest, I think that each member of the family has it own story and that's why I decided to put different pictures in the same ad.

I don't know if this helps, but every time that I watch a movie I prefer to watch it in the original language. In South America most of the times when you go to the theaters the movie is voiced over and you can't really get the whole idea about it, you feel like something is missing. Even when I don't know the language I prefer the subtitles over the voice over, I think is more real and this movie and I affirmed that with this movie.  

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the "poverty has no distance" was that in the movie?? Either way well done. The poster gives a lively feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is very well done! I had a real hard time finding pictures from the movie, where did you get them? Love the font and the overall design. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that line is superb. Also I like how you used several photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the copy! Great job catching the feel of the movie and putting it together. I love that you focused on every person in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the different approach to the poster. Definitely unexpected with how the mood of the movie was. Great job.

    ReplyDelete