Posts

Monday, September 19, 2011

Rut 3 - Cristina Gonzales

I have to say that I'm not a museum person at all, I get bored really really fast and I normally I don't stay for more that 5 minutes, but this time I enjoyed going to the museum and I guess it was because of the pieces that were there.

The pieces that really caught was the big stack of books. When I looked at first I thought that someone painted a big cube, but then when I was closer I realized that actually there were tons of books in one big stack. The other one that I really liked was the Veda's bible because it was really colorful and I used to that when I was a little girl, so I kind of identify myself haha.

I think that what made the pieces creative was the fact that the elements that they were made of were simple and turned into things that you would never really though about. I liked the fact that some of them needed a second look or special attention to understand what they were about.

I think the authors came with those ideas because they saw things in different ways. Their minds were not blocked with the traditional standars and they looked at elements from a different perspective. The combination of simple elements that played with our vision was really interesting and I think that it was exactly what the authors wanted, they wanted to comunicate things in a way that they caught our attention and I definitely think that they achieved that.

2 comments:

  1. i am just like you when it comes to museums and art exhibits but i really did like this one! this was very much something you had to examine and take a second look at to truly understand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, but I think part of it was just the fact that I was wanting something to write about. Maybe I should go with an assignment in mind every time I go to an art museum. I'd get a lot more out of it every time.

    ReplyDelete