Posts

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Find It- 1

Heineken: The Entrance

Created by Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam, this ad simulates the supreme party entrance. I love how the aplomb individual addresses and interacts with the unique characters from around the globe. The creative connections of characters show how this classy gentleman has been places and is acquainted with all walks of life. From this even subtler message we see he still chooses to drink Heineken over other “classy” or “more sophisticated” beverages even though he has had experiences that have taken him places.


From the very first time I saw this commercial I instantly needed to know what band was rocking out at this party. I became a huge fan of The Asteroids Galaxy Tour. I think this ad does a creative job of using the band at the party as the real music for the ad.

PS. The song is called Golden Age, by The Asteroids Galaxy Tour.

6 comments:

  1. I love that commercial! I've never seen the long version before, so that was sweet.

    As for the song, I felt the same way. It's the only one I know by The Asteroids Galaxy Tour, but I have it on my ipod, and listen to it on a regular basis. It definitely puts Heineken in my head, which is probably not a good thing in the long run.

    But, does the very end remind anyone else of Anchorman? Because that's what I thought of...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were spot on with the message. The thing about the commercial is that it really focuses on that central message of "opening your world." I think having him meet and impress all those people was genius to get the message across.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved this ad! Had not seen it before, love the song, this guy is who everyone wants to be friends with. beer=makes you cool! Just kidding, they did a good job, fun ad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This ad is awesome...I like the feel of it and I feel like their choice in song was a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so this ad is hilarious and every time I end up snickering when it finishes. I first saw it and was initially rubbed wrong because the guy seems like a cocky, DB but you just can't help laughing and loving it by the end. Way to go Heineken. If I wasn't Mormon, I'd drink you. JK

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has got to be one of my favorite ads ever. It has such a fun feel to it. I've seen it on TV and it nowhere near does the full thing justice.

    ReplyDelete