Posts

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Middle of the Earth


Throughout the movie I saw the theme of a family trying to come together to support a proud father who dreamt of providing for them with an ideal job. The father truly believes that he is destined to have a great paying job and he refuses different opportunities that come their way on their trek across Brazil.  The journey was arduous and often life seemed bleak. I made my poster in black and white to show that disparity that existed in their journey but I made the title colored...because in the eyes of their father there was hope and color waiting for them.

6 comments:

  1. This is sooo good! I am seriously impressed, I have no idea how you did it, but i love the colors, and lack thereof and I agree the father was very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love this! I love the black and white, almost pencil drawn look. I also love the proud image of the father. I love the large picture of the father juxtaposed next to the family struggling to bike those thousands of miles. Kind of shows how dominant he was over the family. Good work. Love it and love that the title was in Portuguese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the black and white also. I also felt like the theme included the family uniting. This is good because the black and white depicts how the father saw things most of the time, no gray area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black and white is really nice. The effect you have on it makes the road seem even more harsh and foreboding than the desert colors do. And it looks cool with the father in the foreground and the family in the back. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, good work and focus on the theme. I think the stark colors of black and white really reflect the father of the family. He was kind of a hot or cold individual. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the way you used the black and white. Also how you portrayed the father.

    ReplyDelete