Posts

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Rut #2

I went to the exhibit knowing that one of the pieces on display was a giant stack of books but was excited to see that there were other works of art. I really had three pieces that I liked...the wall with grey squares which were made up of texts, the washing machine video and the highlighted bibles. Out of those three pieces I would have to say that my top favorite and the one I think is most creative is the highlighted bibles.

In one of my art class we are learning about the use of colors to convey different meanings and emotions. We are also learning to mix and match different hues, tints, and shades. I think that me learning this stuff right now has biased my interest.

I was honestly moved by some of the highlighted pieces...I especially loved the pages that had several kinds of blues, purples and some reds. It was amazing to me that someone who seems to not have had any experience with art history could do something so aesthetically pleasing. I also was interested at the text that explained that highlighting was how she and God communicated...so she also was able to convey her emotions and her thoughts to God with the array of colors.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, the highlighted bibles were really interesting. I didn't know the story of it until after, I wish I would have focused in on them more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really interested in what the communication meant too. What did they different colors mean to her? The highlighted bibles definitely provoked a lot of thought about communication through text, especially with God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bibles were some of my favorite pieces. So unique. She did a fantastic job of using a variety of shades of colors on the text.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would be interesting to go back and look at those bible pages again and take the time to read the pages that were marked. I have to wonder if there was some kind of significance when you take the color and what is happening on that page into consideration.

    ReplyDelete