Posts

Monday, September 12, 2011

The Middle of the World—James Taylor

So I felt like the movie had no real resolution. It just shows how a family in poverty seeks after money, but they also unite together in the process. I felt like as much as the father was proud, the family respected his leadership. At the same time, he was never satisfied. Which made me think of the title and in discussing it with my wife, she said, "You can't find it." This referring to the title, led me to my theme. I feel like the theme is that there will always be something better monetarily and so if you don't notice what you have, it's hard to find what you're looking for. But that it also emphasizes this family's coming together. So here's my poster:


I tried to emphasize the family as more colorful reais because they become to the viewer, the true wealth for each other. However, the poster is plastered with reais because that's all the movie is about finding. There's my stab at the poster! Good movie.

Additional note: I made mention, but forgot to connect the idea of "you can't find it."  I tried to portray this by making the image of the family "hard to find" amidst the pattern of the reais. I don't think it is too hard to find, but hopefully conveys the idea.

8 comments:

  1. This poster is awesome...i love all the color and the way you interpreted the movie. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is fantastic. Showing the family as money? That is genius! Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poster is awesome! It definitely is an effective way to show that the real 'value' is in the people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. James, good work, I like the theme that you decided to use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your idea of using the reais. Also the color with the bike shadows is rad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very clever and colorful. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I want to know is how in the world did you do that?

    That's way sweet! The stamps and every detail tell a story with this poster.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete