Posts

Monday, September 5, 2011

Oktoberfest!

Once every year, there comes a time when the Wasatch Mountain Range is saturated with the festive atmosphere of the German Alps...

Oktoberfest!

Nestled in the shadows of Little Cottonwoods towering peaks, The Snowbird Mountain Resort hosts the lively German celebration.

I have never experienced the merrymaking of Oktoberfest till today. I made sure I savored an authentic bratwurst while being serenaded by traditional German tunes performed by the B & B All Stars band.

During the performance several eager observers began

occupying the dance floor with their moving hips while grooving to the music. I thought about joining them until I noticed a guy carrying an alphorn in a huge case. I was hoping to hear him play it but found out that they play the alphorns earlier during the day.

After the alphorn disappointment we decided to scope out the dozens of shops located around the resort. You can find all sorts of local and German keepsakes.

All and all the festival did a great job of creating a fun environment that I am sure is easily mistaken for the traditional festivities in Germany… Even though I have never been.

I love to be outside and Oktoberfest provided a great place to participate in a foreign ambience. For those who may be interested or may just want to stalk some yodelers Oktoberfest is still going on Saturday’s and Sunday’s till October 9th.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment