Posts

Monday, September 12, 2011

Middle of the World - David Miller


I like my Hollywood endings, but I really did enjoy this movie. Right after I saw it I was really disappointed with the ending. But the more I thought about it the more I realized that it would be conveying the wrong message if they did end up with the life they wanted. Instead the story showed how the family grew together throughout the journey. They ended up better off in the end, but it wasn't because the father got his job. So that is why I chose the tagline that I did and really wanted the poster to focus on the road and the journey.


6 comments:

  1. i agree that this movie really is about the journey and just being able to accept what life gives you. great job on your poster

    ReplyDelete
  2. David you are a wise man to realize that finding joy in the journey is more important than a destination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that putting antonio as the focus of the poster is great, even though the film doesn't directly peg him as the main character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with each comment. It can be tough to find joy in the journey, but it is what we should try and focus on. Antonio was probably my favorite character because I feel he helped the family grow closer together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture in a picture. I like it visually. I love the black and white bike tire and then the color picture of the family. I also love the copy. Sums up the movie without giving too much away and gives a good message. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the outside picture. Great touch, and it makes it look really professional.

    Great job on the poster, it looks way legit. Way to focus on Antonio as well, a little unexpected.

    ReplyDelete