Posts

Thursday, September 8, 2011

FIND IT 1



I don't use Bing and I know even less about Jay-Z but I saw this the other day and thought it was a great way to kill to birds with one stone. Droga5 did the campaign, which from the video, looks like quite an extensive undertaking with lots of guerilla advertising to make it work. Making the book available, page by page, and then linking it all together by allowing followers to find the pages on Bing perfectly mixes their two objectives. The results that they mention at the end are proof that the campaign worked and brought the awareness they were looking for. So, not only were the ads themselves creative, but how and where they were placed was just as important.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am in love with this! So, you should know I am a huge Jay-Z fan and a rap-aholic! This idea is fascinating! Brilliantly executed! I loved the page-by-page displays which open up his life to the world in the location it happened. I think this is a masterpiece of advertising and it is evident from the numbers! Thank you for this. I never heard about it ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is genius. I'm amazed we haven't seen more people trying to duplicate it. Granted, it would take a lot of work but even with all those creative people out there we usually see a few more reincarnations of a really smart campaign coming from different agencies.

    ReplyDelete