Posts

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Harper Anderson - Rut #2

So, I thought this piece was really interesting. I wouldn't necessarily call it my favorite. In fact, I didn't even particularly like it, but for some reason I couldn't stop thinking about it. The piece is called corridor, and I'm not sure why. It had a little divit in it, and it didn't seem intentional.

My favorite was probably the stack of books. I thought that was amazing, and I loved how there didn't seem to be any method to the madness. I hated the washing machine. Not quite sure what that was all about.

Overall, it was definitely interesting.

4 comments:

  1. This piece of work really caught my eye too. Maybe that's the point. It's incredible how many books were in that stack too. 80,000 lbs! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This section of the exhibit made me want to go get headphones to hear the artist explain what he was doing... unfortunately I didn't get them but I think it would be worth visiting again just to be able to learn some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the simplicity about it and the color made it pleasing for my eye. It is interesting. Michelle you should of called the numbers next to the pieces on your phone. Most of the art work you could listen to the actual artist explain his process of creating it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like that you were honest about how you didn't like the vertical piece but you kept thinking about it. I bet that is what the artist was looking for.

    ReplyDelete