Posts

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Waterfalls, Watercolors, and Acrylics - Justyne Willets


How did you feel while doing this project?

This project was so much fun.  I love painting and it felt really good to be able to pull out my old watercolors and acrylics. It felt really great to be able to put the color on the paper without the use of digital media.

How did you pick the subject matter?
My inspiration was kind of funny.  My roommate and I had watched Disney’s Brother Bear the night before I decided to paint this.  I have also always loved painting scenery.  This was a little different though because I played with putting texture in with acrylic paints and then filling in with watercolors.  


3 comments:

  1. I love that you got inspiration from a disney movie! I think that goes to show how it can come from anywhere really. it's all around us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your choice of colors it really makes the painting grab your attention. Its a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you mixed acrylic and watercolor to get a cool texture. Your colors are vibrant and fun!

    ReplyDelete