Posts

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My head hurts.

I realized I hadn't bought any paints by about 10:30 last night, and so proceed to try a new medium: digital painting. I used Procreate, a fairly new painting program for iPads and spent the next many hours painting my camera.

At some point, I'd realized I'd started painting on the wrong layer, so my blue sketching lines got muddled in with the value layer below it. So, I made do. Then, as I started painting the Canon logo, I got tired of it at about the "Can" point, and thought that "Can't" would at least give me a few creative opportunities.  And then, I did my best to give an impression of what my brain was actually seeing by the time I'd finished the camera. Thus, light streaks.

Anyway, this was fun. If anyone's curious about doing good quality drawings and paintings on the go, Procreate's the way to do it. I'd love to start using it for storyboards at some point.


5 comments:

  1. It is interesting to explore no mediums. For me digital painting/creating has allowed me to really progress in ways I don't think i would have with out it. Looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought that digital painting would be frustrating for me, but this looks really nice. You said it's an app on the ipad? How much was the download. It really looks as good as any physically painted image I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wowed me. I can't believe how awesome it is. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mind is absolutely blown that you did this digitally! Its incredible. I liked how you changed the words on the camera which really set the personality of the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even think of digital painting as a medium. Way to push the boundaries of the assignment.

    ReplyDelete