Posts

Monday, February 24, 2014

BT (bus times)

I rode the bus in the past and found my fellow riders to be extremely fascinating, so that is exactly what I expected to find this time around. Much to my dismay, however, there really were not many people at all on the bus. I shared this experience with Katie and we found at one point during our journey, we were the sole passengers on the bus. Naturally, when you are the only ones on the bus, you chat, and dance, and chat. The photo below captures the essence of this.


Because we were feeling extra spontaneous and did not really have anything holding us back, we decided to merely have the bus take us where it wanted to. Somehow, we ended up at University mall and because we are both very good at justifying deserving treat, we wound up at Sweet Tooth Fairy. Neither of us had ever dined there, but have both always wanted to so it proved to be a very good opportunity. This is my purchase. SO GOOD.


After we enjoyed our treat, we waited for a bus to come that could return us home safely. During this period of waiting, we met a new friend. She was exceedingly nice and I am very glad we talked to her. Talking to strangers in order to find out how I can think of others and be more charitable is actually something that I have been trying to work on lately, so this was the perfect opportunity to practice this. This specific opportunity showed me that some people simply need other people to talk to and to have a pair of ears listen to them. 

7 comments:

  1. Our first instinct is usually to look down on the bus and not look towards others. Way to look towards others and reach out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you guys made this trip your own. Good for you by making a new friend. I've also made a goal to reach out more to people I don't know. At first, I've been scared to do it, but it's amazing how much you can relate to someone after just one conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fun! Ps. Sweet Tooth Fairy is the bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun spontaneous trip! I'd be a little scared to put my afternoon in the hands of those bus drivers though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1- I feel like I should be embarassed of that dancing picture but I'm not haha. 2- I thought it was so nice to go somewhere without having a agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i feel like people on the bus are more open to talk with others... i guess it gives "public transit" a good name since you are able to have some good conversations with fellow riders

    ReplyDelete
  7. You danced on the bus? I thought they only did that in dance movies;)

    ReplyDelete