Posts

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Walk in the Rain- Tom Blackham

Verse 1
I've jumped forwards, then backwards,
There's no "Ever After"
I'm falling and I just can't get up.

So many things that didn't count,
So many times to think about.
I tried so hard to not give up.

But this is too much!
I can't take this again!
I thought this was love.
but maybe it was pretend...

Chorus
And I take a Walk in the Rain
The coldness clears my head
The wetness clear me of Pain.

While I take a Walk in the Rain
It's really hard to take it
It's really to keep myself sane
While walk in the rain...

Verse 2
Take a step back, you look at me,
I want to know everything you see,
I wonder if then you can face it.

And then you tell me it's true,
That I'm not what's good for you,
And even though you don't say it....

I know that you're not what's good for me
and I finally feel free!
As I step outside...

Chorus

This was a very good exercise for me. I had to think back a lot on something strong that had happened in my past. What really made me think about the inspiration behind this song was that fact that it rained today, which makes me think of my long walks in the rain after my first break up. There was and still is something therapeutic about a walk in the rain. But it was really hard for me to  remember everything, and express those feeling in some sort of rhyme (even though most of it was slant rhyme.)

3 comments:

  1. I agree, your song was very fitting for the weekend weather. There is something very refreshing about walking in the rain without a coat or an umbrella, I think. I think you did a great job showing a wide range of emotional depth with your lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your chorus. You portrayed the feelings I imagine you were feeling during your walk in the rain very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed that your song went with the mood of the weather. Kind of grey, but I liked it.

    ReplyDelete