Posts

Monday, February 3, 2014

Southern Comfort

I had a ton of fun with this assignment. I absolutely love trying new foods so this experience was not that out of the ordinary for me. Katie and I decided that we wanted to go to a place that we both love, Station 22. While we have both been there a number of times, neither of us had ever tried the Chicken and Waffles. So, that is exactly what we ordered. Coming from Chicago, and not the South, this was a very new and interesting concept to me when I first came here. To be honest, I thought it was slightly bizarre but at the same time I was intrigued by it. This assignment, although not terribly out of the ordinary for me, still gave me an excuse to try Chicken and waffles. I decided that this was a good time to try it because while I am an adventurous eater, I probably would not order chicken and waffles at Station 22 otherwise just because there are so many other good eats there. I was, however, pleasantly surprised by the chicken and waffles. The sweet and savory mixture, that I was initially hesitant about, was much better than I thought it would. While I am still not sure whether I will order it again (their burgers are just so good...), I am glad that I was able to cross this meal off my food bucket list.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds so interesting. I've always been intriqued by the idea of chicken and waffles but have never been brave enough to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love station 22, but I have also been hesitant to try the chicken and waffles.. maybe next time! Looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never know until you try it. Sometimes you get lucky and it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHICKEN AND WAFFLES IS THE BEST. It's my favorite food from home and it's delicious. So glad you had the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I've never even thought of combining the two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried the chicken and waffle lays chips (super weird) but I don't think I've ever tried the actual thing. Fried chicken with anything is a good move though.

    ReplyDelete