Posts

Monday, February 17, 2014

Abstract Art- Ariana Keith

I love to paint!! I've loved as long as I can remember. So this one I got pretty excited about. I love the feeling of just getting lost in painting. One of my biggest weaknesses when it comes to painting is looking at a painting and always feeling like it needs something else. I just need to know sometimes when it's time to put the paint brush down and stop.
When I heard about this assignment I started thinking about all of the usual things I like to paint- trees, nature, scenery, people. I stopped myself and figured I never have ventured into abstract art much. So I chose a cool blue which reminds me of the ocean - a place where I would like to be at this very moment- and tried to emulate that feeling.
I love textured brush strokes.

3 comments:

  1. I think you did a very good job recreating the feel of the ocean. The colors and the very exaggerated brush strokes both add to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The texture here is fantastic. I love the brush strokes and how the color goes from being super saturated to faint and light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Not only is it beautiful, but I love that you challenged yourself by trying more abstracted painting than you usually do!

    ReplyDelete