Posts

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Painting- Tom Blackham

Sorry for the late post!

So I did my painting with water colors. I was feeling a lot of stress at the time for various reasons, including the fact that I had completely forgotten about this rut assignments, so I just grabbed water colors since I supposed that it would be the easiest thing. Once I began, however, I started to feel the stress melt away as I painted.

As for what he painting was, it was initially intended to the be the waves rolling into the beach. After putting some green in the water, however, it did not look at all the way I had intended so I just started using as many colors as I could. At the end it appeared to be more of a desert oasis than anything else. The fact that I had "messed up" freed me to do whatever I wanted with the piece and it actually was quite therapeutic.

4 comments:

  1. I love how you said, "Once I began, however, I started to feel the stress melt away as I painted." I totally agree. Whenever I work on an art project, my mind becomes consumed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with both you Thomas and Lucy. When I am painting or creating any sort of art I feel free from the world around me. Any stress I am feeling disappears and once I finish I feel refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the zone you can get into when you start to create new work... I'm not a stressful person, but I feel even more satisfied with life when I can create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that messing up allows me to be creative too. When I draw I nearly always draw with pen, not pencil. When I don't have an eraser, I just have to go with it.

    ReplyDelete