Posts

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Bus ridin ridin on a bus

I got on the bus near the Marriott Center @ BYU and just thought I'd try to make it to University Mall in Orem. I asked the first bus driver and he turned me away saying I had to have an exact $2.50 but I just had $2.10. I got off and waited for the next bus and waddaya know!! He let me on for free (I'm not publicly endorsing this type of behavior)! I took my backpack off and sat next to a nice girl. She got off about a minute later and a nice woman came from the back of the bus to sit in the seat across from me. I could tell she was planning on saying something to me because for some reason I could see her looking over in the corner of my eye. I turned toward her and she asked, "you going to the basketball game tonight?" I answered that I was actually planning on it. We talked for a moment and I found out a little about her and her a little about me. She was Polynesian from Tonga with a pretty thick accent. Really nice woman! Anyway, I had a great experience and was honestly just on the bus for about 13 minutes. ALL PEOPLE ON BUSES ARE NICE. Well at least that's what I think now. So let's do it again.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahah. This was funny. Love the bus drivers that let you get on for free. Come onnnn can't they see we're starving college students striving to get somewhere??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's awesome that you struck up a conversation with a stranger on your trip. I did that too, and I was surprised at how much we had in common.

    ReplyDelete