Posts

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Steven Stucki - RUT#4

I decided to try Unagi by itself. Unagi is raw eel. I've always mildly enjoyed sushi, but I'm definitely not mad for it, and I especially don't like plain raw fish. I've never enjoyed the earthy, fishy taste of fish. I decided however to try a few strips of Unagi by itself and it wasn't half bad. It doesn't have a super fishy taste and if you can get past the chewy, stretchy texture of the meat than you're well on your way to becoming an avid eel eater. I haven't changed in any way after this assignment, but I was reminded that you might think you ABSOLUTELY know something (that eel would definitely be fishy) and find out that you were completely wrong and had been missing out on a yummy delicacy to add to your food inventory. steven

1 comment:

  1. "Avid eel eater," nice hahah. I am definitely not an avid eel eater either, despite growing up in Japan. In fact I've never even tried it. You are my new role model.

    ReplyDelete