Posts

Monday, January 28, 2013

Rut #3 - Brittany Funk



I really enjoyed this film for its simplicity. I have seen a couple other Latin American films and they were very similar to Las Acacias; not a lot of conversation and simple story line. The other films were also filmed in a way that made you feel like you were right there in the story. When watching Las Acacias, I found myself kind of making up what I thought the characters were thinking/would be saying because of the lack of dialogue. I think this allowed me to become more invested in the movie and connect more with the characters. I probably would have never gone to see this film if it weren't for this assignment, but I am so glad I did. I wanted to reflect the simplicity of the movie in the poster. I selected two pictures, each with a different character in the foreground. I think it kind of symbolizes how both characters developed feelings throughout the story, and even thought they didn't express them until the end, we as the audience could see little signs of the developing relationship. 

5 comments:

  1. I appreciate the black and white theme that you have going on in the poster. It makes it appealing and pleasing to look at. I think you captured the feeling of the movie well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, ditto. I like the black and white. It works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black and white is good, and I also like using different images that focus .on one of the two lead characters

    ReplyDelete
  4. your poster is really nice. I liked that you kept it simple and still allowed for emotions from the images you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the simplicity of this ad and that it is in black and white. Good job.

    ReplyDelete