Posts

Friday, January 25, 2013

Rut #3 Las Acacias - Jacqueline Usterud

This movie was intriguing to me. I found that even though there was barely any dialogue going on over the course of a 90 minute long movie, I was glued to the screen. The simple cinematography and the script made the movie more relatable to me. I did watch the movie with english subtitles online, but could still decipher some spanish from what I learned in sixth/seventh grade. I noticed that there was not a lot of focus on fancy milieu, editing, make-up and action pieces, but that the movie was filmed out of a fairly natural point of view The movie seemed real to me, as if it was filmed from one persons view of the travelling people. I enjoyed the side-mirror shots, and the "over the shoulder" looks from the travelers which displayed their interaction with each other and the landscape they left behind. The mirrors to me signified the meaning of leaving something rough and unspoken behind to start anew. This is something I do not see often in American Movies. It was a nice change to have little dialogue, no soundtrack or music, A LOT OF SILENCE, little cinematography and little action happen in a movie, and still being able to get so much out of it.

My poster therefore displays these feelings I got from the movie.




2 comments:

  1. I love your movie poster!!!! I thought the movie was so long but it was nice not having all this action, there was a lot of RELAXING silence, and I didn't really realize the "make-up" thing but it is true, it was very natural. I felt it wasn't really acting, it was more like a documentary. But it was SOOO LONG!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it! My first idea for the poster was to incorporate an image INSIDE of the mirror, but couldn't figure out how exactly. Your's is way good!

    ReplyDelete