Posts

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Rut #3 - Austen Allred

I liked the idea of using the road as a piece of symbolism in the poster. It separates them, but because of the perspective the further down the road you look the closer the people who are on it would appear. I also wanted to turn it into an "A" in "Las," but that ended up looking trashy.

In retrospect I probably wouldn't have posterized these images quite as much as I did. I also didn't include any of the awards, actors or actresses, etc. that I probably should have (as I now realize by looking at all of yours).

4 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of the road getting closer/less separation between the characters down the road. I was thinking that is what the message of your poster was when I first saw it, before I even read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the image you used. It reiterates the feelings in the film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also didn't "posterize" my image very much. I spent all my time focusing on my idea. I have to say though, you captured the theme of the movie really well by having the road separate them. I tried to portray them getting closer on the journey by using a sequence of images, but visually something like this speaks a lot louder.

    ReplyDelete