Posts

Monday, January 28, 2013

April Baker Rut #3

My experience with Las Acacias aka "How a middle aged man gets a date" was pretty neutral. I agree that it was pretty slow, but I feel like I've seen enough foreign films that I wasn't particularly bothered by it. The simple story didn't really leave me with much either. I think that the idea behind the slower pace is that it's supposed to reflect a realistic amount of time, but I think that I agree with other people and I would have enjoyed it more as a 15 minute short or something. I think that it would of had more of an emotional impact that way and the lack of talking would have really worked to its advantage. Similar to that montage in Up. As it was though I thought it was alright. Something that I would be willing to see again but probably wouldn't seek out.


1 comment:

  1. I like your copy! And the image of the baby in the middle looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete