Posts

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Rut #2


^
thats a real craigslist ad.

Some background about me.  I am from Nevada, and really have a hard time doing the whole "utah dating" thing.  maybe its just a BYU dating thing, but I don't do it.   In Nevada, dating doesn't exist, you hang out and see what happens.  Because this is how my mind has been programmed, i have faced some difficulties and a few awkward situations here at BYU.  So, for this exercise I decided that I would buy into this dating thing and go on my very first blind date.  I don't want some weak sauce blind date though, so I decided to do a craigslist blind date.  A brilliant idea I thought.  I hop online and start looking through the postings. I search far and wide, but discover that Utah Valley's craiglist is full of crazies and sexual angst.  

Because I am not overly crazy, and I would list my sexual angst as normal, I realized that I wasn't ready for the big leagues of craigslist dating.  Instead I had my roommate set me up with a simple, but very blind date.  She was blind.  Just Kidding, but neither of us had any idea who she was.  It was an entertaining evening.  Did she change my wiring on dating? nope. Are we going on a second date?  She can only wish.  But it was a new way to spend my evening.

5 comments:

  1. haha!!!! I love your line..."Are we going on a second date? She can only wish." Sorry it was terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahah awesome!! Way to put yourself out there. Bring some more Nevada friends out here to help improve the poor BYU dating stigma!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, this was pretty much awesome! I was laughing so hard! Way to branch out! I actually am not a huge fan of blind dates, but I did go on one and he actually ended up being super awesome, so...sometimes they can turn out good. All I can say about BYU dating...good luck...I think we all hate it but just gotta do it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny. I would have never ever tried Craigslist's dating options. even people that sell cars and housing contracts there are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blind dates are weird, that was a good one to choose because it is a very different experience than what us non-utah people are used to!

    ReplyDelete