Posts

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Fing it #4 - Jacqueline Usterud

I find this Johnson-Johnson ad is funny and creative because of it simplicity and humor. However, because of what we have talked about in class I feel as though the copy gives the ad away fairly quick. It doesn't make you think as much. It is still funny to think about dinosaurs roaming at the back of your mouth because you have not reached there or brushed thoroughly for a while.

"Reach. For the places your toothbrush hasn't been to in a long time."


4 comments:

  1. haha I really like that. The image is captivating, I looked at it for like five minutes. I guess because I was imagining the toothbrush bristles as the long grass the dinosaurs would have walked through. Really simple and powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image works really well - it's unique and clever, but I think the copy helps it as far as getting the message across.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Brittan. The ad has a lot of visual appeal. Overall, good concept + good execution = good storytelling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like thi ad but is it just me that finds it a little gross? I don't know...mixing a dirty dinosaur with a toothbrush is a stretch! It kind of reminds me of the ad we saw in class for the lollypop that was on the ground with the ants.

    ReplyDelete