Posts

Monday, January 28, 2013

Rut 3 Las Acacias - Kevin Johnson

I thought Las Acacias was a very interesting film just because it was so different from the typical American movie.  If this had been an American movie, the main characters would have probably encountered some crazy adventures/obstacles, and had a more intimate romantic connection.  But in this film, we are presented with a story that (at least to me) feels like something that could actually happen. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary happens, which can seem boring, but at the same time makes the movie seem more like a snapshot of real life. There were times during the film where it almost felt more like a documentary than a regular movie to me.  I thought the lack of music and minimal dialogue also played a big role in differentiating this movie from traditional american films.  It was a very interesting and different viewing experience.

For my poster I wanted images that showed the main characters of the movie, as well as the truck, as their gradually changing relationship during their extended journey is the main focus of the film.  I did not originally plan to have my poster be black and white, but when I put the files into photoshop, for some reason it made them black and white, which I thought ended up being a cool look and makes the poster look more cohesive.

1 comment:

  1. Your poster is sweet. Reminds me of a book cover, which to me is very appealing.

    ReplyDelete