Posts

Monday, January 28, 2013

Rut #3-Michelle Monson


My experience watching a foreign film was unusual.  I don't understand Spanish at all and I just went to the eye doctor and I have an eye infection, so I left the movie with a huge headache from reading the subtitles.  I liked the ending but I thought that the whole movie could've been portrayed in like 15 minutes rather than 85 minutes.  I thought that this film would've been better as a Pixar animation film because it would've been short, sweet, and simple.  However, I did get very nostalgic as I've been to Mexico and Nicaragua, Cozumel, Cuba, etc.  It reminded me of the food I ate at those places, the people, the culture, etc.  I think American films rely so much on action and on script and in this movie, though the silence was hard to get used to at the start, it was very relaxing to me that the director took the time to help the audience see the budding of a beautiful friendship; though this still doesn't hinder my thinking of the film should've been 15 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. Cool poster, although the dog did not really have big part in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the road really draws you into the poster. Good job!

    ReplyDelete