Posts

Monday, January 14, 2013

Finding 2 - Marcus Christensen

I promise I won't always post up nerdy things :) I just really do think that the creative marketing team fro The Hobbit films are brilliant in their efforts of getting the message out. Here are metal cut-out sculptures that were placed on the top of a building in Wellington New Zealand. There's no text or extra billboard, just these shadowed figures. I like this piece because it's simplistic, but also effective. I talked about it in my last finding, but the relationship between Jackson's films and the whole country of New Zealand is incredible, and we can now see that that country is booming in tourism and in the film industry.

5 comments:

  1. Anyone who has read the hobbit would get this ad. I think it is creative and simple and pushes the limit on what we consider stereotypical ads being. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't nerdy. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how this juxtaposes a fantastical story full of dwarfs and wizards and the middle of a developed city. It literally shows how fantasy and fiction can still survive and thrive in the midst of a bustling and increasingly modern world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All single file, hehe. LOTR loves people walking single file. Seriously though, this is a great outdoor ad. It really captures the purpose, quest-like feel of "The Hobbit." Heck, I've seen the movie, felt it had its problems, but still get excited when I see this ad.

    ReplyDelete