Posts

Monday, October 31, 2011

Transportation Rut- Dan Tygard



I ran out the door Saturday evening hoping that I could catch a bus at the stop down the street from my house.  A girl waited patiently.  I engaged in friendly conversation, and asked her when the next bus was coming since I did no research prior to leaving my house.  She had useful information.  She had been waiting for an hour and a half and still no bus.  We waited another 20 or so minutes, and finally the 811 showed up.  I boarded the bus not knowing where it was headed.  After striking up conversation with the bus driver,  who by the way started his career in the transportation industry back in Alaska as a tour bus driver where he just happened to meet Mr. Tom Green, anyway the driver told me that the 811 goes all the way up to Sandy.  I did not want to go all the way up to Sandy, so I got off at the UVU campus stop.  It was a good ride and I met some good people.  The experience made me grateful for my car, and even more grateful that I live close enough to just about everything that I can pedal power to any destination.
This is me.
It was a smooth ride, so I never had to use the barf bag.


Me with more people in the background on the good ol 811.


5 comments:

  1. The last time I rode the bus they didn't have the barf bags. They made me laugh this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's definitely a lot of interesting things you can learn from people. It diversifies your world view. You're a brave man just hopping on without any clue where it's headed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics-I noticed the barf bags on my excursion! I wonder how often they are really used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a wonderful documentarian. I'm especially glad that you clarified which picture you were in, cuz I wasn't sure.

    Props to you just going wherever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that you talked with the bus driver. I always feel very uncomfortable saying anything but "How much is it?" to them. Props for talking with him, getting on a random bus, and enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete