Posts

Monday, October 10, 2011

Out of the Rut- Greg Lloyd

Ode to Pizza

So, although this may be extra cheesy... this is my ode to Domino's Pizza, my favorite. I actually got the idea from a famous Chilean poet, Pablo Neruda, who wrote odes to just about anything and everything. Naturally, the song has a little tang in the melody, it steams with emotion, the combination of elements is best when hot.


It seems I’ve always known you
To you I’ll always be true
Together we’re the perfect combination
You’re a heaven sent creation

Crust covered in goodness
Cheesy deliciousness
Pepperoni yumminess
My lovely Domino’s Pizza-ness

Our story began years ago
Our love will forever grow
Little Caesars, Papa John’s, Pizza Hut
All things not fit for my gut

Crust covered in goodness
Cheesy deliciousness
Pepperoni yumminess
My lovely Domino’s Pizza-ness

Although it may seem strange
I’ll sing about pizza for a change
All the happiness that it brings me
As I work towards my degree

Crust covered in goodness
Cheesy deliciousness
Pepperoni yumminess
My lovely Domino’s Pizza-ness


Writing a song is hard! This was just one of the ideas that I had that actually made it to completion. One of the first things I had to figure out (at it took more creativity than I thought it would) was what I wanted the song to be about. Love song? I currently feel a little abandoned by love, so no. Lack-of-love  song? That would just be self-pity. Life is good/bad song? But then would that serious or joking tone? No, I didn't want to do that. So, I bought a pizza to think it over, VOILA! Even with the idea, getting things down on paper was hard. I have a new found respect for people in the music business where this is their livelihood.






3 comments:

  1. I had a hard time coming up with exactly what subject I wanted my song to be about. This song made me crave some pizza right about now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That was very cheesy. In the best possible way of course. Yum! I'm hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Have you ever heard of The Lonely Island. They have songs like this. "Do The Creep" and other inappropriate yet hilarious songs about simple subjects or ideas. If you haven't heard of them check out "Do The Creep" or "Threw it on the Ground". The rest are not Honor Code appropriate (blushing, red face of guilt)

    ReplyDelete