Posts

Monday, October 10, 2011

Rut #6 - David Miller

So, I thought we had to actually record this thing. I didn't have time to do that this weekend because I couldn't find a gospel choir anywhere in Provo. Can you believe that?! Honestly. Anyway, I am going to record this someday and it'll be a #1 hit single. Here are the lyrics, I hope you enjoy.

Verse 1
Well its 1:00 in the morning
Its Friday night, but I don't care
I'm going to race first thing tomorrow
And I'm feeling kind of scared
You see I'm dead tired already
Because I haven't slept of late
So I'll hit the sack like, right now
Oh yeah, its going to be so great

Chorus
I'm going to lay my head
(hallelujah)
On my nice soft bed
(oh hallelujah)
I'm going to get me
a decent amount of sleep
(ooooh oooh)
I'll get 8
(eight!)
I'll get 7
(seven!)
I'll get 6
(six!)
I'll take whatever I can get
I'm going to get me
a decent amount of sleep

Verse 2
Well uh, life spent in college
Its never moving slow
I've got school, work, and dating
But somethings got to go
So when I think of sleeping
Its a necessity
But theres a real big problem
its not as fun to me

But tonight. . .
Chorus
(Repeat Chorus for 18 minutes in true gospel choir fashion)

True story: I ran my first 5k ever on Saturday and Friday night I just started singing this song as I was getting ready for bed. I wasn't even thinking about the homework, it just came out. My roommates thought I was nuts but I eventually got them to sing the hallelujahs for me. Luckily the next day I remembered the chorus, I couldn't remember the verses as well so I just made up some new ones.

5 comments:

  1. Haha. I laughed out loud in the middle of class when I read this. And after reading this all I can say is Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, nice! We definitely need to find a gospel choir to sing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is hilarious! i can wait to hear it recorded!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO funny! David you are seriously a creative genius. I laughed out loud. AMEN! PRAISE JESUS! I'm converted ;)

    ReplyDelete