Posts

Monday, October 31, 2011

Rut-Cassie MacLennan

I am proud to say that this was my first public bus experience!
I have ridden the school bus a couple times for school fieldtrips and things but I have never rode a city bus!
I actually was not allowed to ride the bus growing up, if that says anything.
My mom always said scary people rode the bus and so I was not allowed.

My husband and I rode the bus from our apartment to the mall.  We got our laundry quarters and headed to the bus stop.  First off I have to say that they could really  make the stops and charts and their website more user friendly.  I don't know why they make it so hard to find out which bus you need to take and what stop you need to get off.  The bus came about ten minutes after we had been sitting there and I think we may have gotten on the wrong bus because they took a really long route to the mall, although maybe buses just do that to optimize thier stops and people.

I think my mom was wrong all these years, there were not scary people on the bus, that could be the whole Provo thing though too. There was only about 4 other people on the bus, they were all alone and all kept to themselves.  The buses were clean, had some ads, and were comfortable and warm enough. 

It looked like people had a lot of time to think while riding the bus, my husband rested his eyes and I just thought and played on my phone.  

On the way home from the mall the bus was much more crowded, some teeny bopper junior high girls who propbably caught the bus to the mall from school were having the time of their life.  I could not believe their conversation, I forgot that junior high girls talked like that, they talked all about boys and other girls and they were horribly mean to each other and snobby and I honestly just wanted to stop them and say BE NICE, YOU ARE SO UNATTRACTIVE SOUNDING BEING MEAN!  But i didn't. 

Needless to say I did not have a peaceful nice thoughtful experience on the way back.

Overall I think it much more convienent to drive your car anywhere, if you don't have the option then I think buses are a great way to travel.  The one advantage for me was that since someone else is driving you can kind of just sit back and think and relax and not worry about anything about driving, unless of course three girls are babbling n your ear about how skany their halloween costumes are going to be that they are going to change in at school so their parents don't see! HA


6 comments:

  1. I think the main appeal of taking the bus is your ability to just sit and think. Its also good for reading a book or doing homework. Sometimes when you've made the same drive a million times its good to take public transportation, let the driver do the thinking and let yourself get lost in a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, nice experiences. I don't know about scary people either, there's definitely a lot more annoying people that you run into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should have set those girls straight

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that part about the bus, being able to just sit and not worry about driving. I should take it more often so I could start reading a novel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your mom was right. Only scary people ride the bus...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cassie, loved your experience. I agree that you should have said something to those girls. I went back to my high school to perform at a ballroom dance concert and the high school kids were SO MEAN! I totally know what you mean. Girls can be so evil at that age.

    ReplyDelete